Whether when they serve as textbooks in schools or just as novels that you can’t get enough of, books are necessary. For our religious institutions, books are the main source of inspiration, teaching and guidance. If you want to expand your to-read list, here you’ll find the best selling books of all time. Check them out!
Literature books are loved by a large percentage people all over the world. Be it a thriller, a children’s books, romance or or other genre, people love their novels. It makes sense, since a good literature book is thrilling, engaging and engulfing. They’re a great gift and great way to spend your vacations. As a result, they become popular and with time they turn to be a must-have for every household.
The best selling books of all time are endearing and they continue to create a buzz every year, specially during the holidays. Quite a number of books on this list have already been adapted to the silver screen and this has not only raised their popularity but has contributed to their continued sales over the years. Movie adaptations are usually different from the books, and when viewers notice this, it makes them almost compelled to read to compare the difference between the two.
The selection process
The criteria for being one of the best selling books of all-time is simple; sell more than every other book on the shelf, and sell more than every other book that has been published. Done? Then you’re on the list of the best-selling books of all-time. Keep in mind that it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact number of sold copies, so this is an estimate.
Here is a list of the best selling books of all-time
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes (500 million copies)
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (200 million copies)
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien (150 million copies )
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (142 million copies)
- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by JK Rowlings (120 million copies)
- And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (100 million copies)
- The Dream of the Red Chamber by Cao Xueqin (100 million copies)
- She: A History of Adventure by H. Rider Haggard (100 million copies)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien (100 million copies)
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S Lewis (100 million copies)
Should you read them?
Not at of them. Just make sure you read the review and select the ones that catch your attention. If you’re into fantasy, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe”, “The Hobbit”, “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” and “The Lord of the Rings” are the best-selling books of all time you would enjoy reading.
Yes, it’s true, you may have read some of them at school, but did you really make time to enjoy them? Probably not, so consider giving them a second chance. Make yourself a cup of coffee and sit back to travel to an engrossing new world with the power of the best selling books of all time.