If you have oily skin, you’ve likely struggled to find makeup products that provide smooth coverage and don’t seep into the fine lines and pores on your face. This quest for the perfect foundation can be both frustrating and disheartening. Luckily, with a few tips and tricks, finding the right foundations for oily skin is possible in just a few steps!
What’s Your Skincare Routine?
It may have never crossed your mind, but the things you do in preparation for putting on your foundation are just as important as the foundation formula itself. If you struggle with keeping your foundation in place, consider incorporating a few of the following into your skin care routine:
- Cut down on dairy – That three cheese pizza might seem tempting, but in the long run it will do you more harm than good if you struggle with oily skin. Cutting down on dairy foods will help to cut down on that unwanted shine and allow your foundation to stay in place longer.
- Primer is your new best friend – You might not think you have any need for primer now, but you’d be amazed by the difference it can make. Primer is a girl’s best friend when it comes to oily skin and will quickly become one of your favorite new beauty products. A good oil-control primer will make your skin so silky and smooth that you’ll forget you aren’t supposed to be touching your face!
- Blot away – If you’re constantly on the go, it may be hard to keep your skin smooth even if you have found one of the perfect foundations for oily skin. Luckily, this is where blotting papers come in to save the day! If you feel your makeup is starting to slip, simply use the blotting papers to clean up and continue your day.
Amazing Foundations for Oily Skin
Are you ready to learn the secret to perfectly clear skin? You might be surprised to learn that the key to finding the perfect foundations for oily skin lies in two key features:
As tempting as it can be to buy foundations that promise a luminous glow, these products just aren’t compatible with oily skin.
While there are some great products for oily skin that come in a liquid form, you’ll have your best luck with powder-based products. Powder products help to soak up any excess oil while maintaining the even coating of your foundation.
There are a lot of great products on the market, but you’ll find that these five foundations for oily skin are especially effective!
- BareMinerals Matte Foundation – The original BareMinerals foundation has been revamped into an oil-friendly matte foundation that will make your skin look amazing! This powder-based product goes on smooth and creamy while helping to minimize pores. It also comes with SPF 15 protection to keep your skin safe while you’re out in the sun!
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation – This foundation can be applied both wet and dry, making it a great compromise for those who love a good liquid foundation. It will make your skin velvety and smooth and at the same time blend in perfectly with your natural complexion.
- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation – This foundation may be liquid, but the Amazonian clay in the base of the formula will work wonders on your skin. The clay sucks up any excess oil your sebum glands may produce during the day and closes your pores. Tarte also has an extremely long wear-time (anywhere from 12-15 hours) making it ideal for a long day out.
- L’oreal Infallible Matte Foundation – This demi-matte foundation will help to cover your blemishes and leave your skin looking absolutely flawless! Plus, it can last up to 24 hours!
5. Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – If you need a budget foundation that will still give you flawless coverage, Maybelline has you covered with the Fit Me! Matte + Poreless formula. This perfect blend means you won’t have to worry about any fine lines or pores rebelling for the next few hours.